Monday, May 10, 2010

Chinese New Year 2010

This year's CNY was a blast. Yeah, i know it was 3 months ago. Sorry for the late update. hehe.
So started off with Reunion Dinner at my place with Grandma and 2 aunties and not forgetting my Godbro, Brian.

Day 1 (14th Feb 10)
1st day of CNY, my family and i went back to Sdk. Thats my mom's hometown. We took flight this time. Dad says he is tired of driving the long hours. So we arrived early in the morning about 8am and went to my aunt's place. Breakfast was prepared. "Zai Coi"

After breakfast, everyone changed and was getting ready to go popo's place. Its the routine every year. This year's theme was YELLOW! All the cousins had to find yellow. We waited until everyone's there and then group pic!

Then, all the aunties and uncles with Grandma
Day 2 (15th Feb 10)
Woke up early to help my aunt prepare lunch. At the same time, learn her cooking skills. Hehe.

And later, lunch was served. "Zat Tai"

Vege
Steam Chicken
Sweet & Sour Prawns. Yes, the prawns are huge. Cant find these in West Msia.
And then the most expensive soup. Shark Fin. Its the best thing because my uncle has his own recipe. His secret recipe? Brandy.....Hehe
Lunch!

After lunch, we all showered and get ready before the guests come. My eldest cousin helped us make up.
And this was for dinner. Yum~~
While waiting for dinner...SS..
After dinner, the excitement begins. My uncle Ben and his wife, Aunty Pam came back from UK after so many years to celebrate with us. Earlier that morning, he told us that he heard we're all good drinkers and wanted to challenge us after dinner. We took the challenge for fun. My uncle opened up 2 bottles of champagne to celebrate at first. Until everyone gotten high a little and start making noises, the BATTLE BEGINS!! COUSINS vs AUNTIES & UNCLES.
My uncle took out a bottle of Cordon Bleu, Swing and also Black Label. Crazy!
The rule of the game : 1 representative from each side. Everyone must have at least 1 drink. We can choose who to challenge. =))
The whole thing was crazy. Everyone drank and laughed and went siao!

These are some of the scenes - Champagne toast
1st challenge - Eldest Cousin vs Eldest Uncle
Swing
Cordon Bleu & the Black Label
The battle continues. Everyone cheer!!
See all the laughters from my aunties and uncle? He was actually complainin that we were being unfair because my cousins and i kept on challenging him. Trying to make him drunk. Haha!
My cousin Desmond and Uncle Ben
At last, he waved the white flag!!!! Hahahaha...
The cousins Rocks!!!
Of course with the support of Grandma. She was on our side. Wahaha!
The night did not end there. All the aunties and uncles went home about 10pm. Early huh? Haha. Wasted. My cousins asked us to go "FACES", a club in Sdk. Continue the night. =) We went! and then more drinking..Beer this time. seriously crazy!
Siu Jia
Oops!
Then we all went home wasted. At bout 3am. Tired. Until the phone rang more than 20 times and i still cant hear it. Haha!
Day 3 (16th Feb 10)
Another aunties house. Everyone was tired. and no more drinking pls....

Playing Mahjong
My Uncle Tan's Bday
Day 4 (17th Feb 10)
Last night together with my cousins in Sdk. Met up with my other Godbrother, Andrew.
Day 5 (18th Feb 10)
Everyone went back to work. We flew back in the afternoon. Morning, it was definitely Sdk's Famous Bak Kut Teh. Its different from the one here in West.
Fish.
There were more but i only remember to snap a pic after eating half way. Haha
Day 6 (19th Feb 10)
After resting a day, it was our turn with my aunts and grandma in KK. My Granduncle and his family was coming that night. So we had BBQ and Steamboat night. Started preparing in the afternoon.
Everyone was helping to clean
And i was walking around in the garden snapping pictures. Haha!
Godwin was busy trying to lit the fire.
Then, my sis's turn.
Voila, C'est diner!
Then, it was back to KL...
Urgh.

No comments: