Monday, August 16, 2010

Month Of Ghost

The 7th month in the Chinese Calendar is known as the Ghost Month. On the 14th, it is Hungry Ghost Festival. Chinese believes that this month is bad luck. So everyone is suppose to stay home, lay low.

I'm amazed by how fearful my friends or relatives are.
"No, dont go"
"Dont drive"
"Dont go out at night"
etc etc
The preparations they do before the 7th month comes. Going to temples asking their gods to protect them and so on.

With all these things going on, i'm constantly reminded of how great my God is. I do believe there are spirits around. But i'm not afraid of them. Because I have God.

This verse is what i always hold on to :
1 John 4 : 4
You dear children are from God, and have overcome them. Because THE ONE WHO IS IN YOU, IS GREATER THAN THE ONE WHO IS IN THE WORLD.

Amen.

No comments: