Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My 2009 Chinese New Year

2009 Chinese New Year is officially over. Yesterday was the 15th day, the last day. My CNY was really good and i'm happy. Lots of pics..Let's start by "Nian 29" , 2 days before CNY.

"Nian 29" is the day where there's night market. I go with my family every year. This year we went to the one in Lido. Nothing much to see. Only food stuff. Mom bought some stuff as souvenirs for my relatives. Met up with Pat then went to the one in KK. The KK one got much more things. If you dont know how a night market looks like, this is it :

"Nian 30", the day before CNY, where Reunion Dinner is held. Went to my Grandma's hse and had "Yee Sang" Ordered from Hana, not bad! Lots of Salmon..Hehe..Had a great time with my aunties and grandma.


1st day of CNY. As usual, my family will go back to my Hometown, Sandakan. We left KK about 6am. It is a 5 hours drive there. We arrived about lunch time and ate "zai". This yr i made all my cousins wore red. =) The size of this group is getting so small. 1, 2, 3, 4...10!! Only 10 of us, suppose to be 21 of us. Btw, i have 16 nieces and nephews now. And most of them are not here. Sigh. Wish they were all back celebrating with us.

2nd day of CNY. I was suppose to wake up early to help my uncle to cook Shark Fin soup like every year, but i woke up late at 11am coz the night before i was busy talkin to my cousin and slept at 4am. =S I still manage to help my uncle after that. Helped my aunt too, stealing ideas from the cook. =p

The cousins again. Cousin's husband too.

The new addition to the family, my niece who is 5 months old. She kept all of us busy. Everyone was taking turns to take care of her. =)

A family photo (with lots of ppl missing)

3rd day of CNY. I woke up early to go for breakfast with my grandma and gonna go around town. Dint wanna waste time. Went to the harbour..

Then dad brought us to the St. George church(yes, the one in ur Sejarah book), 100 yrs now. Its an Anglican church and its so beautiful. Its on top of a hill.

went to my aunt's place after that. Taking care of my little niece.
4th day of CNY. We were suppose to go back KK but decided to stay back one more day.Hehe! Everyone that came back from Sdk was craving for Bak Kut Teh. This is a must when you visit Sdk, something not to be missed. Ths taste is just so different from the rest. Bak Kut Teh for breakfast. =) Yummy...
my little niece again. Took this pic before i bring her to sleep.
5th day of CNY. Went back to KK.
6th day of CNY. Went out yum cha with Darian, Debs, Jo, Pat, Banjo and Nic.
7th day of CNY. Flew back to kl. Sigh. Din get to say goodbye to my friends in church. Sigh. Miss all of them. I reached home and then went out for dinner with Elaine and Loh. Loh wanted us to help him look for a present for a girl *ahem*. After that, went for a drink in Republic and did some crazy things.
Then back to college.
14th day of CNY. We were gonna have a steamboat dinner in my cousin's place. We were there the whole day preparing.
The food..wayyyy too much..
All of us preparing
Then dinner. Yay!


We were all stuffed. Too much food. After dinner, we started to play Mahjong and cards till 6am! So tired. We came home, showered and all of us slept at 7am. Woke up at 3pm and later in the evening, went to watch "The Pink Panther 2" with my cousins in One U.

I really had a great time. =)

2 comments:

Raymond Goh said...

Great post. Looks like you had an awesome time even though not alot of ur relatives went back to Sandakan.

Denise said...

Thanks. Yup i really enjoyed myself. =)