Sunday, January 4, 2009

Xmas 2008

I know its a little too late to blog about Xmas 2008, no time ba....=p

It was the busiest and the most tired xmas i ever had in my whole life. Having practices every single day for 1 month plus is tiring. Xmas was different this time because Skyline had it in the Magellan Grand Ballroom (packed with 1500 people) instead of church and this time i'm wasn in the Children Ministry =).

I got together with Debbie to lead the Youth group, did a drama and a dance. The theme for Xmas was about Father's Love Letter. Its the 1st time doing a drama for the youth so it was quite hard. Thank God for people like Josh Siaw who had been giving us ideas and both Josh and Patrick helping us to edit the sounds. Thanks so much guys =)

The whole drama was about showing a guy who is a loser, Nigel as the main character and after he had lost all hope, he found a letter God wrote to him (Media presentation) and then the dance "He still loves me" - Yes, the song from Fighting Temptation. After the dance, the choir sang "Imagine Me", and they were really good! The kids did the ribbon dance (they did really well after much scoldings from me, Haha! Really proud of them) and Hillsong Kids - My Number One.

We've got a special guest, Ritchell (a 13 yr old girl who is blind) came and sing for us and to share her testimony. I missed this whole part, Sigh!! Only listened to her cd. =( My mom said lots of people teared when they heard her sing. The anointing was just so strong. Even my Aunt who has the hardest heart teared, imagine that. Ps Philip preached after that and called for altar call. We had 50+ salvations, Praise the Lord! Overall the whole event went well.

This xmas was really something. My mom invited my aunt and uncle from Sdk to come for this event. Had been praying real hard to reach out to all my relatives. This aunt and uncle of mine are the strongest buddhist among all my other relatives, so we always thought that they will be the last, but No! They agreed and drove over to KK for this event. They came that morning bringing my grandma along and the amazing thing is my uncle stayed through the whole service, even during sermon (he is a smoker, normally he smokes every half an hour)!! We were really suprised. They did not receive Christ but I believe God did something in their hearts, just waiting for the right time =). Keep praying.

Had Xmas dinner at home. This is the 1st year we din invite much friends, just about 20 of us. Usually we have about 50 ppl for xmas dinner. I had a great time with Jo, Mel, Josh, Bernard and Patrick. After that i went out with Amos, Andrew and Brian.

So that's all for my Xmas. Pics time..

DSC05692DSC05707DSC05743251220081143

**Btw, how did the youth presentation go? Those of you who hav watched, let me know. Trying to get feedback. Its very messy la for us.Hehe**

No comments: